Earth Day is an annual event celebrated worldwide on April 22nd. Since 1970, various events have been held on this day to demonstrate support for environmental protection.
GreenDrop strives to protect the environment every day by collecting peoples’ unwanted items for charity and keeping unnecessary clothing and household goods out of landfills. Donated items are repurposed or recycled by our partner charity organizations to raise funds for their missions or programs.
Thanks to the generosity of our donors, we are able to help recycle, repurpose and reuse 100 tons of donated clothing and lightly used household goods each week! That has the same positive effect of planting 13,900 mature trees each year!
There are plenty of ways you can support the environment on Earth Day and beyond.
- Recycle: Place your plastic, paper, and landfill waste in the proper bins so they can be recycled.
- Plant trees, flowers, or plants: Plants reduce pollution by reducing the amount of carbon dioxide in the air and giving off oxygen.
- Clean up your neighborhood: Pick up trash around your neighborhood parks or local bodies of water.
- Donate items instead of throwing them away: you can set up a donation pick-up or take your clothing donation to one of our donation drop-off sites.
- Join others: You can do any of the previously mentioned ideas with a large group!
How are you participating in Earth Day this year? Leave us a comment on our Facebook page!