How do I find a drop off location near me?
GreenDrop® currently has dozens of free-standing locations and mobile trailers in California, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Nevada, Pennsylvania, and Virginia. Find our drop off locations.
What is GreenDrop®’s home pickup service?
To make the donation process to our nonprofit and charity partners simple and stress-free, GreenDrop® offers a service to pick up donations directly from the donors’ homes. When it comes time to donate, you can call 888-944-3767 or schedule a home pickup online through our website. From there, simply place your donations outside in a visible spot from the road, and we’ll swing by to pick them up!
How do I schedule a home pickup with GreenDrop®?
Whether you are new to GreenDrop® or a returning donor, the scheduling process is easy! Simply call us at 888-944-3767 to connect with a GreenDrop® team member who can take care of the scheduling for you, or head to our website and schedule a pickup.
Do I need to be home for the pick up to take place?
Not at all! Leave the logistics to GreenDrop® and feel free to be on your way the day of your scheduled home pickup after you have left your donation outside.
Are all items accepted by GreenDrop®’s home pickup?
On behalf of our nonprofit and charity partners, we accept all articles of clothing, shoes, blankets and bedding, as well as collectibles, kitchenware, toys, small appliances, electronics, and sporting goods. For a detailed list of what we are able to collect, check out our accepted items list.
Why was my donation rejected?
While our nonprofit and charity partners appreciate their donors’ support and generosity, some donations aren’t able to be collected through the GreenDrop® program. Should any items not meet the acceptable donation standards during a home pick up, our driver will leave an apology card at your door explaining the reason.
How can I receive a tax receipt?
After we collect your donations on behalf of our nonprofit and charity partners (thank you), you can download a tax receipt for your records.
What if my scheduled home pickup is missed?
Please contact us 888-944-3767 and speak directly with a GreenDrop® team member who will gladly assist you.
How can I ensure a successful pick up?
- Make sure all items are accepted by GreenDrop® and weigh less than 50 lbs. See accepted items list.
- Please bag or box your donations.
- Clearly label your donations: "Donations for _____ (nonprofit partner)" and mark appropriate items as FRAGILE.
- Place your donations in a visible and easy place by the road for pick up by 7 a.m. on the day of your scheduled pick up. We cannot provide a specific pick up time. (Drivers cannot enter driveways or alleyways.)
- Ensure donations are protected from inclement weather, bugs, etc.
- Ensure donations are not placed near non-donation items (strolleres, patio furniture, toys, etc.)
- If you no longer need your pickup, you may cancel from the My Account page, emailing us, or calling us.
How do I schedule large donation pick ups?
If you are donating more than 40 boxes, scheduling a pickup for a business, or a school, please call us at 888-944-3767. Please do not schedule large donation pickups on the website so we can make special accommodations.
How do I cancel a scheduled donation pickup?
Visit My Account and log in to cancel your donation pickup.